- Home /
We respect your privacy and take steps to safeguard the personal information that we handle. We are committed to complying with all applicable privacy laws, including the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and to being open and transparent about our information handling practices.
Who we are and how to contact us
‘We’ or ‘us’ means Australian Park Licence Co Pty Limited ACN 622 566 205.
To contact us click here or call us on 1300 061 811 (our lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.00 pm AEST, excluding public holidays).
The information we collect (and why)
Booking and guest registration
We collect information both in person at our Parks, via internet booking engines (including www.booking.com) and online travel agents (including Expedia), and via our Websites and our G’day Parks App to allow you to make a reservation at one of our Parks. The information we collect to do this includes your name, address, date of birth, and contact details (e.g. telephone and email), along with details of your stay with us (arrival and departure time, and number of other guests). We may also collect information about your vehicles including registration number and the make, model and dimensions of any caravans or trailers that are the subject of your reservation. We may also collect transactional information such as confirmation of payment or balance owing. Depending on the nature of your dealings with us, we may also collect information about the payment card that is used for your transaction with us which may be held via our secure systems.
G’DAY Rewards Membership Program
In order to access details of your G’day Rewards Membership (including to confirm your eligibility for discounts and/or Membership Savings), or to sign you up for the G’day Rewards Membership Program on request, we collect information either from you via our www.gdayrewards.com.au website; a G’day Rewards Membership application form; the G’day Parks App, or an internet booking engine. The information we collect to manage the G’day Rewards Membership Program includes your name, contact details, birth date, and G’day Rewards Membership number (if already a Member). We also collect your credit card details when you sign up, and transfer these details securely to a payment services provider, but we do not retain this transactional data.
We collect the name and contact details of both the purchaser and recipient of our gift vouchers in order to send the gift voucher to the recipient and confirm the purchase. We also collect the credit card details of the purchaser, and transfer these details securely to a payment services provider, but we do not retain this transactional data.
Other personal information
Other types of personal information we collect may include, but are not limited to:
- details of entrants in competitions run by us (including in collaboration with G’day Rewards Participants and/our Business Partners);
- name and contact details of subscribers to our mailing lists;
- name and contact details of individuals who request information about our products and services from us;
- application information related to applicants for employment with us;
- identity information and contact information for guests at our Parks who hire equipment (such as bikes or pedal buggies);
- information about guests who have pets stay at the Park;
- information contained within post stay surveys completed by Park visitors;
- information about when a Member uses their Membership Card or the G’day Parks App to receive benefits, discounts, Membership Services, or to verify their Membership status.
We may also collect your personal information for other purposes which may be explained at the time of collection. In some cases, if you do not provide us with personal information we may not be able to provide the services you have requested.
Other personal information
In order to provide you with Membership Savings via our G’day Parks App, we may collect location data to assist with directing you to the relevant discount service providers, G’day Rewards Participants, Business Partners and Parks that are near you. We will only access this location data on your device with your permission.
Cookies and other technologies
We collect information relating to your web activity when you access and browse our Websites or use our Apps. In particular, we may collect information using cookies, and similar technologies, designed to provide information to help us improve the use of our Websites and Apps and to better tailor the content we provide.
A cookie is a text file containing small amounts of information which is downloaded to your device when you access a website. This information may include your IP address, information and actions taken on the site including details about when you accessed the site. The text file is then sent back to our server each time your browser requests a page from the server. Information generated by the cookie about the use of our website may be transferred to, and stored by, a web analytics service, which may be based overseas, that we use to help use improve our online services. This enables us to provide a better website visitor experience by loading the site so that it reflects your personal preferences as previously indicated last time you browsed. Some cookies also help with ensuring the functionality of the site.
Additionally, emails we send to you use technology that indicates the time and date that an email was opened and whether any links within the email were clicked. Compiling this information allows us to conduct statistical analysis to better understand how effective our electronic marketing campaigns are and to customise our advertising services based on the results. You can disable some of this technology by turning images ‘off’ in your email client and you can opt-out of receiving emails from us by clicking here or sending us an email at email@example.com.
If you use our Apps, including the G’day Parks App, on a mobile device or tablet we may collect a ‘resettable device identifier’ from that device. Resettable device identifiers are similar to cookies and we use them to helps us make our advertising more relevant and for analytics and optimisation purposes. You can configure your mobile device or tablet to opt-out of interest-based ads from us in connection with a resettable device identifier (usually by selecting the appropriate setting under ‘privacy’ or ‘ads’ in the device settings).
The types of cookies we use are set out below. You can configure your web browser to reject and delete cookies, but this may limit the functionality of our Websites or Apps so that so that they do not operate properly.
Analytical and Performance Cookies
Targeting cookies are often linked to services provided by third parties on our Websites. Third party service providers may use their own cookies to collect information about your activities on our Websites. They work by identifying your device and browser to recognise your visit to the Websites. Not enabling these cookies will disable the services provided by third parties on our Websites, such as tools to share or access content from social media sites or options to watch videos by third party video providers.
We may use functional cookies that record the choices you have made on our Websites so that we can continue to provide you with information you are interested in during that visit and any subsequent visits. This allows us to provide content that is tailored and relevant, and to improve the Website experience for our Website users.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
We collect cookies that are necessary for our Websites to operate and load properly. You can set your web browser to block these cookies but without these cookies you may not be able to move around the Website and use its features.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information in a variety of ways, including (but not limited to):
- Directly from individuals such as when you join the G’day Rewards Membership Program, use our G’day Parks App, create/manage your G’day Rewards Membership Program account, claim Membership Savings or make a booking via our G’day Parks App, or when you complete a guest registration form at one of our Parks.
- Through our social media pages and from social media sites when you like our posts or page.
- From G’day Rewards Participants.
- From third parties that provide us with marketing; market research; and marketing and web analytics services.
- From third parties such as Business Partners or Participants that run competitions or promotions in connection with G’day Rewards, G’day Parks, Discovery or any of the Discovery brands.
- From a booking agent where you have requested to join the G’day Rewards Membership Program in the course of making a booking through them with one of the G’day Rewards Participants.
- When you send us an email or ‘contact us’ message or make a written or telephone enquiry with us.
Storage and security of personal information
We take the security of the personal information we hold seriously and handle personal information sensitively and in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
We take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse, interference and loss; and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. These steps include using electronic and physical security measures, including:
- storing personal information on secure networks consistent with industry standards;
- using encryption techniques when transferring information to other servers;
- restricting access to personal information to employees, contractors and agents who need to know the information to process it for us; and
- authenticating Members before providing access to personal information about G’day Rewards Membership Program accounts.
How long do we keep your personal information?
If we no longer need the personal information we hold about you, we take steps to delete, destroy or de-identify that information. All information is stored in accordance with a data retention policy that sets out how long we keep different types of information, depending on what the information is and the purpose for which it was collected. For example, we need to keep information about your reservation in order to provide you with accommodation at one of our Parks. We also retain information about your G’day Rewards Membership in order to provide you with Membership Savings and confirm your Membership status. It may also be necessary for us to retain personal information to comply with our legal obligations; or for insurance or audit purposes.
How we use personal information and for what purposes
To provide you with our services
We use personal information in order to provide services to you. As part of providing services to you we may use your personal information to:
- make a reservation for you at one of our Parks;
- respond to your enquiries;
- allow you to hire equipment at one of our Parks;
- subscribe you to our G’day Rewards magazine (at your request);
- send you product and services information (at your request);
- submit your entry into one of our competitions;
- facilitate your application for Membership to our G’day Rewards Membership Program;
- confirm your payment for services;
- provide you with a gift voucher or process your request for a gift voucher for someone else;
- ensure your security at one of our Parks (e.g. by using CCTV cameras for security monitoring purposes).
We also use personal information to market and promote our products and services, including to:
- contact you about special offers or promotions we think may be of interest to you (where we have a legal basis to process your information in this way); and
- conduct marketing and web tracking analysis.
We may also collect personal information about you by accessing data from other sources and analysing that data together with the information we already hold about you to better understand your preferences. This information may be anonymised data that is shared with trusted Service Providers that help us to market products and services to you that are most relevant to your interests.
Sharing on social media
If you click on a link to a social media site or post from our Websites, or click on a link to one of our Websites from our social media pages, we may share your personal information (including user name, profile picture, likes and posts) with the social media service provider, other users and your friends or followers. If you do not want your personal information shared in this way, you can choose not to connect via your social media profile with our Websites, or configure your web browser to block cookies(which may affect the functionality of some features on the Website).
To meet our legal obligations
We may also use personal information for the purpose of:
- complying with any applicable laws (for example any obligations we may have under legislation);
- to fulfil our obligations under contracts with you or third parties;
- where necessary to protect our rights or the rights of others, including for fraud or risk management purposes; and
- to comply with requests from government authorities.
We may use your personal information for other reasons which we will explain when we collect it, or for reasons that you have consented to us using the information. We will only use your personal information in accordance with applicable privacy and data protection laws.
Disclosure of personal information
We may disclose personal information in a number of ways, including to.
- contractors, suppliers or agents we have engaged to provide goods or services to us to process data on our behalf (for example marketing agencies, distributors or marketing analytics service providers);
- G’day Rewards Participants;
- our Business Partners where we have collected your information in relation to a jointly offered promotion, product or service;
- hiring companies when you hire equipment belonging to the hire company (i.e. bikes) at one of our Parks;
- payment service providers when you make a payment in person at a Park or via our Websites.
When you request a Membership Saving or a discount from one of our G’day Rewards Participants and/or Business Partners using our G’day Parks App or your G’day Rewards Membership Card we may share your personal information (e.g. first name, last name, email address, mobile number and a discount offer membership number) with that G’day Rewards Participant or Business Partner. We will only do this with your consent and in accordance with any applicable discount offer terms and conditions. We may also disclose personal information in order to comply with legal obligations or where necessary to protect our rights or the rights of others, including for fraud or risk management purposes.
We may partner with third parties to conduct joint promotions or competitions or offer joint products, services and discounts. If you provide us with personal information in relation to the promotion, competition, product, discount or service we are jointly providing with a Business Partner we may share your information with that Business Partner. We will inform you that we do this at the time we collect your personal information and you will be given a choice about whether or not this occurs.
Links to external websites or services
How to unsubscribe , ‘opt-out’ or withdraw consent
You may unsubscribe or opt-out of receiving communication from us by:
- clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any electronic messages you receive from us;
Please note that if you opt-out or unsubscribe from our G’day Rewards Membership Program we may not be able to provide you with G’day Rewards Membership Program services, including posting your G’day Rewards Membership Card.
Sometimes, in order to handle your personal information, we may seek your consent, including to collect your data. You can request to withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us via our Contact Details.
How you can access the personal information we hold about you
How to update, correct or delete your personal information
You can request to update or correct personal information we hold about you which you believe is inaccurate or out of date. You can also ask that we delete some or all of your personal information in certain circumstances (e.g. where the data is no longer necessary to provide you with services). In order to make any requests relating to your personal information please click here or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to make a privacy complaint
If we are unable to resolve your privacy complaint, you may contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at:
GPO Box 5218, Sydney NSW, 2001, www.oaic.gov.au (telephone 1300 363 992).
You can contact us by:
- Clicking on this link;
- Sending an email to email@example.com;
- Calling us on 1300 061 811 between 9.00am and 5.00pm AEST Monday-Friday (excluding public holidays);
- Writing to us at: Level 7, 60 Light Square, Adelaide SA 5000
“App” means any application for use on a mobile device (e.g. telephone, tablet or similar device), including the G’day Parks App;
“Business Partner” means a third party that we collaborate with to offer joint promotions, products or services;
“Discovery” means Discovery Holiday Parks Pty Ltd ACN 111 782 842;
“G’day Parks App” means the mobile application operated by Australian Park Licence Co Pty Limited ACN 622 566 205.
“G’day Rewards Membership Program” means the customer loyalty membership program managed by Australian Park Licence Co Pty Limited ACN 622 566 205;
“G’day Rewards Participant” means a business that offers Members Membership Savings or other discounts and/or benefits in connection with the G’day Rewards Membership Program;
“Member” means a member of the G’day Rewards Membership Program;
“Membership” means membership of the G’day Rewards Membership Program;
“Membership Card” means the card issued in connection with the Membership for use by the Member;
“Membership Saving” means the discounts and benefits offered to Members as described in the Terms and Conditions on the www.gdayrewards.com.au website;
“Park” means a holiday park owned or operated by or on behalf of Discovery Holiday Parks, ACN 111 782 846, or a holiday park licenced to Australian Park Licence Co Pty Ltd ACN 622 566 205.
“Service Provider” means a third party we engage to provide us with services to support our business.
We” or “us” means Australian Park Licence Co Pty Limited ACN 622 566 205.
Unlock mates rates at over 280+ destinations and everyday savings with G'day Rewards; a community of likeminded travellers who love choosing their own adventure and saying g'day to more of Australia. Become our mate and join in the fun!
*Terms & Conditions apply$50 for 2 years